Saturday, June 2, 2012

Flat Tire

On our way to Williamson (a town in Haiti) yesterday we ended up getting a flat tire.  We all get out of the car and look at the tire and laugh.  What else could we do but laugh?


We're broken down on the side of the road in Haiti.  Yay!!

Luckily it happened in a less populated area, so safety wasn't as big of an issue.  But even better, we broke down about 10 feet from a tire shop.  How awesome is that?!





While we were waiting on them to fix our tire we met a Haitian man who was super nice and very smart.  He knew 5 languages: Creole, French, German, Spanish, and English.  Heck he knew better English than I did!

We were stopped right next to a house and I heard a baby crying inside.  I said aww I want to hold the baby.  So our interpreter told them and they brought the baby down for me to hold.  So precious! (I found out later that my team mates thought I was weird for doing that ... apparently they don't know my love of children just yet lol)


Someone ended up meeting us with another car so we took off to Williamson in the new car while he waited for the tire to get fixed on the other car.

Everyone was safe and everything turned out just fine.  And now I have an awesome story to tell about my first day here.

Success?  I think so!!

SMG

No comments:

Post a Comment