Saturday, July 28, 2012

Today I'm Tired

the last leg of this summer is coming to a close very rapidly. i've noticed that the closer it gets for me to board a plane in 5 days, the more excited i get to see my amazing and supportive family and friends! but it also has made me incredibly sad knowing that i'll be leaving this terrific country with no set dates on when i'll be returning ...

today i'm tired.
i'm not feeling so well.
i'm a little short tempered.
i'm also a little crazy.
i'm missing home.
i'm trying to absorb everything about this country that i love so much.
i miss my family.
i miss my friends.
i miss sweet tea.
i feel like crying.
and i'm really missing my "daddy".

sometimes life is hard. and sometimes i don't understand why i feel the way i do. like today, i don't get it. i woke up in a beautiful country with mountains surrounding me. i drove an hour away to do a mobile clinic on an amazing back road in haiti. when we got home i went across the street and got an ice cold coka.

but i still feel ...

tired.
lonely.
homesick.
sad.
frustrated.
confused.
angry.
excited.
joyous.
love.
peace.

SMG

No comments:

Post a Comment